Endless ATC Tutorial

 What is an Endless ATC? How does it work? How do I make one? Keep reading to find out.



 A few months ago I received some fun junk mail from Camel. Yes, I was previously a smoker. yuck, don't do it! I still to this day get coupons from Marlboro and Camel. They won't give up even though I'm committed to being a quitter.



 This particular mailing caught my eye and...well...kept my attention for a good 15 min. Honestly, I am easily amused. It was a card that opened from the middle out, over and over. The art they used seemed to be influenced by art from india. It really was lovely with its bold colors and design. I still didn't want what they were selling but that card got me thinking.

Back in January I got back into making ATC's*.






 After getting back into creating these small works of art I really wanted to create an ATC based on that junk mail from Camel. After looking this card over and slightly taking it apart I figured out how it was made. From there I did a trial run with cardstock cut to the ATC size standard. It didn't take long to get it together and again it stole my attention for a while. Its endless...it keeps going! hehe.

Here is the video of the process and a spoiler of the ATC I created for the Grumbacher Art Swap this month. The theme is Portals! So many ways to interpret that. I'm glad I used this endless atc for the Portal theme.





Blogging does not come naturally to me. I'm not a writer or much of a teacher, at least in the traditional sense of the word. Making art is my heart and soul. I do love showing people what I make and will always do my best to explain and show how it was made/created. Hopefully you learn what you can when stopping by to check this little chunk of the interweb.  Here is a link to a step by step version that I created on Craftster, https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=452425.0





*For those that do not know what that is; ATC is an Artist Trading Card. A 3.5"x2.5" piece of art. There are groups that swap and trade themed pieces by mail. Another wonderful form of communication that seems to be slowly disappearing.

Comments