Cross-Country Clearprint Book Project

Hello Art friends! I recently took part in a traveling sketchbook project thru ClearPrint!



You can see my spacey Narwhal piece "Breaching the Tide" from book #5, it is up on the Clearprint website...pop over there and check it out!

While you're there, sign up to participate as well! It really was a one of a kind experience. Clearprint sent out a free Vellum Field book for me to keep as a gift for participating , it was a wonderful surprise.






 Each artist is allotted one page in the book and one week to create their work. I talk a bit more about the process in the video. Vellum really is a fun and versatile 'canvas'. Exploring different ways to use vellum was pretty challenging and exciting. I would say it's up there on the list with YUPO paper for me. I've come around to Vellum as being more versatile than just for drafting or scrapbooking. I'm looking forward to creating more pieces of art with the book I was sent. Its pretty compact so maybe some plein aire painting will be coming soon?

 The most rewarding part, for me, was being able to see all the other artists that came before me. There is some incredible art in book #5!! You can, of course, see all the artists from all 10 traveling sketchbooks on the Clear Print website.


For those of you that support me on Patreon , you are privy to a coloring page based on this piece and a Hi-Res download of the finished work. Being a supporter is quick, easy, and directly helps me in creating more art. My deepest and warmest thanks go out to you for being a supporter!







All the supplies/materials I used in the video are linked in the description.

I would love to see your work if you decide to join in! Tag me on instagram or twitter! If you have any questions or comments about the Clear Print Cross Country Book Project let me know below! 


To buy prints or merch of "Breaching The Tide", click HERE




#freegift, #freeartsupplies, #travelingsketchbook, #artistcollaboration,






Comments