Instrucatable Contest Entry


 Around Christmas 2016 I had created this project as an extra special gift for our 6yr old boyo since funds were tight. Super block hero wall art!! Basically they're over-sized lego inspired figures made out of cardboard, glue, paint, and lots of love. 




I pulled out the cardboard and drew from my past experiences to make these characters. Maybe it was all those cardboard displays I had to assemble when I worked for GameStop or CVS...maybe it was all the Cubee characters I printed out and put together over the years. Most likely both of those things piled on top of hating the idea of all that cardboard sitting in a landfill for years. Making something out of 'trash' has been a passion of mine for a long time.  
 
  A few weeks back I was reading thru an email from Instructables.com [like I do most days] and saw one of the contests was for CARDBOARD projects! It didn't take more than a minute before I clicked the button, scanned the projects already posted (it would suck posting the same things someone else came up with), and started writing up a step by step for the lego inspired wall art I made for christmas gifts.  


 It had been a long while since I posted anything on Instructables.com and forgot how much fun the process is. It took some time hunting down all the pictures I took when I made them back in December and finding my notes on what I would change the next time making them. Since those heros need a few villains I do plan on making a few more of these. 

 After looking over some of the other projects that were submitted I felt a bit gobsmacked. There are some really great projects (an AT-AT table for one <3) that are going to give me a 'run-for-my-money'. I couldn't help but save a few of them to make later on.

As over the moon I would be winning first place (who wouldn't be glad to win that incredible camera??)

I'd be incredibly happy knowing someone out there recycled some cardboard and created something fun for themselves or a loved one.
Head over to the instructables website HERE to see my step by step process and make one for yourself or your kid/s!  

Comments