The Handmade Project

Recently I sent in my application for a new TV series, The Handmade Project, that NBC is casting for. With the info given from the application I'm guessing this show might be out in winter or early spring next year. Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman (swoon) will be hosting this awesome show. Both have ties to creative outlets and are quite an awesome duo on TV. 




Being someone with a touch of anxiety this didn't seem like something I could bring myself to do.  Then again, it is a huge opportunity to meet other like minded artists (as well as Nick Offerman and Amy Poehler) and get my work seen on a large scale. I can suck it up and muster every ounce of my quirky self to get thru it...if I'm called upon. *keeping my fingers crossed*

Shows of a DIY nature and shows like Project Runway, Face-off, Steampunk'd, RuPauls Drag Race, Ink Master, Cosplay-Melee, J. Henson's Puppet makers...etc  always draw me in. I tremendously enjoy watching other artists create arty things.  This is the reason I make art videos. It makes me just as happy showing everyone out there in the world what I do and how to do it for themselves as it does to watch others create something they love.

This is the first time I have ever applied for something like this. I grew up in a time when reality tv was just starting to explode and never in a million years thought I would want to join in.  Over the last 5yrs it has seemingly become a staple in the TV world. There is something out there for everyone these days. I can't speak for those other shows but the application for 'The Hand-made Project' was insane. It took me a few tries to submit it because of random interweb errors but I got it done. There were a lot of elaborate questions that took time to write out (keep in mind i had to do this process a few times) and some that were short. They asked for a video which had to have the person applying in-screen the entire time.  That might have been the hardest part for me. When I make my art videos I'm not in-screen. The video only needed to be under 3min. I did my best to keep in the shot and not to repeat too much of what was in the application already. 

The link for those interested or know someone else who might be interested:
https://thehandmadeproject.castingcrane.com/

Comments